Scot Scoop News

Girls Who Code Club encourages girls to join

Girls Who Code Club encourages girls to join

Viveka Kurup, Staff Writer

January 24, 2019


Filed under Campus, Uncategorized

When thinking of computer science or coding, it is usually thought of as a male-dominated field. This is because women currently hold only 24 percent of the jobs in computing, which leaves the remainder 76 percent to men. However, there are more opportunities for women to access coding jobs; i...

Youth summit connects teens to world issues

Youth summit connects teens to world issues

Mona Murhamer, Staff Writer

November 13, 2017


Filed under News, Top News

Every year, more than 500 high school and university students come together to change the world. At least, that's the goal. This weekend, Stanford University became the site of the annual Gooddler Social Impact Youth Summit, co-hosted by philanthropy organization Gooddler Foundation and the Un...

Computer Science Club prepares for upcoming competitions

Computer Science Club prepares for upcoming competitions

Kaylee George, Editor-in-Chief

April 19, 2017


Filed under Campus

Fingers pound profusely on the keyboard with eyes fixed on the screen. Fast thinking, problem-solving, and collaboration are all being exercised as the final minutes approach. Programmers can't afford to waste any time in this intense atmosphere. Competitions like these are one of the ways that coders...

Coding: the hobby of opportunities

Coding: the hobby of opportunities

Jackson Monge, Staff Writer

February 10, 2016


Filed under Campus

Quick fingers dance on a backlit keyboard, sending brackets, and numbers streaming down a computer screen. This is coding, an emerging passion for many students at Carlmont. Coding, unlike how it is often portrayed in movies, takes lots of time, and is not necessarily used for hacking. There were...

The student news site of Carlmont High School in Belmont, California.
coding